Accurate information is the most important value behind almost all that we cherish in our lives, and it is the awesome force behind my career industry, the data driven Internet.
As an advocate of the "scientific method",
I know that with strong data, creative thinking, and fast iterations to market, many business challenges can turn into lucrative opportunities.
With many years of experience in product development, marketing, design, engineering, advertising, and monetization, I am always ready to bring my high standard of execution
to internet focused organizations in Los Angeles.
Presently | GoldenHippo Inc. - Director, Technical Advertising Operations
2018 - 2014 | Advertise.com - VP Publishers Services & Strategic Development
2013 - 2011 | JMI Equity / Business.com - Monetization Consultant
2009 - 2005 | Business.com - GM of Network Distribution, VP of Business Development
2005 - 2001 | Business.com - VP Engineering
2001 - 2000 | eCompanies L.L.C. / Business.com - Director of Product, Web Development
2000 - 1999 | XDrive - Art Director & Lead Web Producer
1999 - 1998 | LFP Inc. - Executive Director of Multimedia
2018 - 2014 at Advertise.com
- Assisted senior management to formulate and drive sales, product, and network strategies.
- Coordinated with Engineering teams to develop dozens of new products for market syndication
- Delivered production-ready front-end code for all products
- Created dozens of data driven marketing landing pages for a variety of business endeavors
- Made significant contributions to office efficiency, cost control, work atmosphere and culture
2013 - 2000 at Business.com
- As part of the senior executive team and in cooperation with Credit Suisse, I assisted with the sale of Business.com in 2007 to RH Donnelly Inc.
- Initiated, managed, and optimized a mutually rewarding Adsense relationship with Google, and grew it to $36 million annually
- Primary architect for Business.com's PPC business model in 2001, and helped grow the business unit from zero to $70 million annually
- Managed the technology, syndication, and optimization of proprietary paid content to over 50 publishers, generating $20 million in combined annual revenue.
- Co-developed and utilized various APIs, XML, JSON, JS, and other on-boarding techniques to get content live and earning money
- Managed publisher relationships with premiere brands like Forbes, BusinessWeek, WSJ, Entrepreneur, Hoovers, and many more, totaling hundreds of implementations
- Directed a team of managers that handled mid-level publishers, on-boarding, optimization, reporting, issue resolutions
- Key driver for both client and partner reporting systems, as well as personally developing UI's and other key front-end interfaces
- Key driver for defining and developing traffic quality systems and internal processes to combat click fraud
- Managed a team of cross-functional Directors tasked with monetization growth and continual optimization of the Business.com and Work.com platforms.
- Played a key role in optimizing profit margin for a multi-million dollar monthly SEM buying program
- Drove all site design, architecture, engineering, and QA for all areas of the business from 2001 to 2005
- HTML, CSS
- Graphic Design for both Web and Print
- Google Tag Manager - Client & Server-side
- S2S & Browser Tracking
- Ad Networks
- APIs, XML, Network Distribution Agreements
- Business Development
- Product Development
- SEO, SEM, Marketing
- SQL, ASP, PHP
Other Skills & Hobbies
- Science Education
- Classical Piano
- Oil Painting
- Fine Metal Work
- Astronomy & Cosmology
- Bachelor of Science, Business Finance, CSUN